Williams and Son Butchers - Meet our local suppliers
Here at the Chough, we pride ourselves on using the finest quality ingredients in our products and do our utmost to source these from local suppliers.
We thought it would be nice to showcase some of these suppliers so that you can see exactly where the ingredients that we use in our pasties and other products come from.
We know that food provenance is important to our customers and it’s equally important to us too to use the freshest, highest quality local ingredients that we can.
Introducing you to Williams and Son Butchers
Williams and Son are an award-winning high street butcher established in 1967 in Wadebridge, Cornwall, so very much on our doorstep.
They have been a proud member of the Q guild for over 20 years. The Q guild represents the highest quality butchers and independent meat retailers in the UK and is a seal of excellence which guarantees the highest standards of knowledge, hygiene and skill. They are one of only two Q guild butchers in Cornwall.
There is a combined experience, knowledge and skill of many years at Williams and Son
- The owners, June and Clarence having been in the food industry for over 59 years
- The co-owner and manager Mark has 36 years experience
- Two additional butchers, Darren and Scott have 51 years experience between them
- Butchers assistant Andrea has 33 years experience
- Plus Jack, an apprentice of 2 years experience and the 4th generation of Williams’ to join the business.
Williams and Son deliver their award winning meat to us here at The Chough for us to use in the following products :-
- All the steak in our traditional steak Cornish pasties and steak & blue Cornish pasties
- Chicken and bacon in our chicken, bacon and cheddar Cornish pasties
- Bacon in our cheese and bacon quiche
- Ham in our ham sandwiches
- Chicken breast in our chicken sandwiches
We are proud to be supplied by Williams and Son and you can find them online at
www.williamsbutchers.co.uk where they have their own online shop
You can find their high street shop at 13 Molesworth Street, Wadebridge, Cornwall PL27 7DD
Our delicious pasties can be purchased frozen online for delivery by post at www.cornishpasty.com/shop
Our pasties, quiche and sandwiches are available at our quayside shop in the heart of Padstow.